Friday, October 21, 2011

Getting What You Want For The Kingdom

Hello again CentrePoint Family,

Since we've been seeking the Lord on Sunday mornings, I've been blogging and sharing a bit of what I blog with you during our weekly gatherings. During this week I've been meditating on the word the Lord gave us on Sunday October 16th. Here's the word I sensed the Lord gave for us. "Receive from the Lord on your own."

Let me let you in on how I process the word of the Lord.  In prayer the Lord generally brings to my attention a scripture, a bible story or an experience.  In this case He brought to my mind a couple of stories that speak to the issue of  "getting what you want from God."

The first one is found in Genesis 32 where Jacob wrestled with an angel of God. Genesis 32:24 "a man wrestled with him till daybreak. 25When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. 26Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.” (read the whole story)

My thoughts immediately went to how we often have others pray for us and get the body to intercede for us.  Then I thought of how valuable it is to receive what it is we want from the Lord even if it means going to Him alone and having to "wrestle with Him" to get it.


The truth of the mater is God wants more for us than we sometimes want for ourselves.  The press is on and you and I need to know that in the days ahead we will be required to "get what we want from God on our own."


The second one is found in  Luke 11 where it says starting at verse 5. "And He said to them, 'Suppose one of you shall have a friend, and shall go to him at midnight, and say to him, 'Friend, lend me three loaves; 6 for a friend of mine has come to me from a journey, and I have nothing to set before him'; 7 and from inside he shall answer and say,' Do not bother me; the door has already been shut and my children and I are in bed; I cannot get up and give you anything.' 8 'I tell you, even though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will get up and give him as much as he needs. 9 'And I say to you, ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you. 10 'For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it shall be opened. 11 'Now suppose one of you fathers is asked by his son for a fish; he will not give him a snake instead of a fish, will he? 12 'Or if he is asked for an egg, he will not give him a scorpion, will he? 13 'If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?' NASB

This scripture just puts it in real terms.  Just like a child persists until they get what they want from their parents, we will in the days ahead have to persist with our Father the same way.  Think about this for a moment.  A child is by him or herself, never having another thought but mom or dad will come through.  They might slow down on the asking for a while but they never forget. I know when I was a kid, I would ask for days, weeks and even months for the same thing of my parents until they finally broke down or gave in.  It wasn't so much that they finally felt it was good to meet my request. They just grew weary of me asking continually so they just gave up.

We can laugh now at the times when we were kids but today the stakes are much higher.  The Lord has need of us here in the earth to help usher in His Kingdom.  We pray the prayer and might not think that much about it but the more we pray it, the more He desires to grant us our desires.  So my point is, let's keep persisting when it comes to the Kingdom of God being present everywhere we are.  Let's be persistent about having what we need to do the will of God in the earth as it is done in heaven.

God wants us to glorify Him here in the earth but we have to want it like Jacob wanted to be blessed and like the persistent friend wanted bread for his friend.  Look forward to seeing you this Sunday and receiving more instruction from the Lord.


So here's where we are today:

1.) We need to connect as a family

2.) We need to take time to have fun

3.) We need get what we want from God on our own.

Stay blessed,

Pastor Cedric
(909) 263-4569
Skype: cedreynolds

1 comment:

ameslynn said...

AMEN! loving it Pastor Cedric